CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 7, 2008

BFS Updates

I thought I'd take this time, the end of week one of 2008 approaching quickly... to update my blog with my big, fun scary year updates. I need to remind myself of what I'm supposed to be working on [and anyone who may be reading this... I might need a push now and again!]

The Big...

I've been keeping up with Engage the Journey and it's such a blessing to me! Reading what everyone is gathering from the text each day is incredibly helpful and causes me to think more about what I've read and how it applies to me. We're currently in Job, reading about a man who suffered so much and still remained faithful, and it's just amazing to see what could happen in my own life and how I can be better.

As far as getting my work displayed at Starbucks goes, I grabbed a card at my nearest place and am going to e-mail soon to see what I'll need to do to make that a reality. It's exciting and big, of course, so I'll keep you updated with what happens. =)

Walking my dog hasn't started yet... it's been so cold! But tomorrow it's supposed to be warm so I may just have to go for a little walk to start myself off on the right foot.

The Fun...

My sister and I keep talking about the South Carolina trip, which is great because I'm excited to do that. Since we have friends there, it'll be fairly reasonable for us to just go. So that'll be this summer sometime, if all goes well.

My blog has, obviously, been started and I feel like I'm doing fairly well with updates so far. As time goes on, the frequency of the updates may dwindle. But as long as it doesn't get too far down, we'll be good.

The next thing I want to do on the fun list is get my Bethany Dillon website up and running again. It drives me crazy that it's just sitting there! Unfortunately I've got some things that I really need to do first, but I'm hoping that I'll get some time this weekend to work on it and get the second half finished and talk to my co-web about helping me fix a few things that need tweaking. =)

The Scary...

I have been accepted to two schools so far-- the University of Evansville and Hallmark Institute of Photography. I need to call someone at the admissions office of Antonelli College because that's a real possibility for me at this point. The chances of me affording Hallmark are slim and I need to decide what I'm doing before it's too late to do what I really want to do. So if you would, pray for that. I need a clear decision made soon, so I'm hoping it'll just hit me like a ton of bricks soon. I feel like I may know... but it's barely there. I have to act if I'll be able to finally decide. Wish me luck... =)

I've been looking into area photographers to see about second shooting a wedding. There are a few that I may be able to ask, if nothing else. This goal may be harder to meet than some of my others, but what's the point if you don't have something to really reach for, right? =)

1 comments:

Faerunner said...

Keep pushing for those goals - I know college can be an especially scary one but the right choice should come soon. I fell in love with my school for its atmosphere and if you have the chance to visit yours (and haven't already) that's a big thing to look at - take it from someone who knows! You could happier at a school you enjoy the feel of than you would be at a school that you can more readily afford. Still, money is an issue - take a look at the Community Foundation in your area for small scholarships and ask around the school for ones you can apply for there. Good luck in all your ventures and thanks for the thoughts on my blog as well :)