CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

the delay

Well, I got up at 6:48 am like I'm supposed to. I got dressed, ate my breakfast, studied for my government test, and walked out the door with the fam to go to school. We get there and the parking lot is almost entirely deserted. Turns out I had an hour delay. (Why? I'm not really sure... maybe because of the cold? It's about seventeen degrees out... not a lot of snow on the ground, though.)

So here I am, doing a few little things here and there to pass the time because I don't have time to go back to sleep before I have to leave. Unexpected delays... they're really something.

But I have enjoyed my time here. I got to read my engage the journey passages (we're in Job... read chapters 35-37 today. Great book, really. It's amazing what you can learn when you just read. Simply amazing.), watch a video, check my facebook and e-mail.... all that good stuff.

And now I listen to Bethany Dillon, my favorite artist. I've missed listening to her... my family will only let me listen to her CDs for so long without complaining, you see. I just don't get fed up with really good music, but I guess they do. So I humor them. Sometimes. *wink* The completely awesome thing is this-- February 8th I get to see Beth live again. That's the day before my birthday, so I'm super excited. It will also be concert number 10. Doubly exciting. I can't wait. I can, however, order the tickets... I need to do that.

I'm seriously considering going to Brazil this summer. My youth group is taking 15 students to Brazil for about 10 days in June. I've never been out of the country before (well, to Canada when I was about 5 years old, but I don't really remember it...) and I've never been on an airplane. So it'd be a big deal if I were to go. The more I think about it, the more I want to go. I'm a little nervous about it, yes, but... I don't know. It's like God's been preparing me for this for awhile now. And so I may just have to move, first to the meeting on Sunday. Then to the next stage and the next until I find myself being blessed by helping missionaries in Brazil. [I will admit, though, that I was bummed when the internet reminded me that they speak Portuguese in Brazil and not Spanish. I was practicing my Spanish... saying things like 'can I take a picture of you?' and such. Ah well, it's one of three languages fairly widely spoken there, so maybe I'll get to use what I've learned the past 3 years after all. =P]

Ok... I'm off to school now! Have a good day, one and all.

1 comments:

Faerunner said...

You would probably love Brazil. They do indeed have Portugese as the national language but with a solid background in Spanish you can pick it up pretty well - my friend studied for her senior year of high school in Portugal, and when she came back, she spoke Portugese to me and I spoke Spanish to her and we could understand each other (somewhat, but that's amazing to me considering neither of us was a native speaker!). And language is far less of a barrier than you'd think, a lot of the time. Human emotion, friendship and religion carry across languages. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying Engage the Journey. It sounds like a lot of fun and a good way to reflect on the Bible's teachings, and I hope that I can learn a little more through reading your reflections maybe picking up my own bible to follow along for abit - it's something I so rarely make time for these days! Keep trekking, and remember - we rarely regret the things we do so much as the opportunities we missed. ;)