CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Snow & Self Portraits

So much has happened since my last entry. It's funny how fast time goes when you're enjoying yourself. And I've definitely been enjoying myself.

February 9th I turned 18. I got to go to a Bethany Dillon concert the night before with my sister, my dad, and a good friend of ours. It was incredible. It was actually a college conference at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, so there was a session where a speaker gave a message. It was really good... totally relevant and I'd been thinking about what he'd said prior to, so that was neat. Then there was an amazing session of worship led by Shane & Shane. That was a blessing through and through. Voices reverberated around me, mixed with my own and created this sweet, sweet sound for Jesus. Mmm. I love times like that. Then there were the concert sessions, which were fabulous. David Nasser spoke for a little bit as he's on the Vision of You tour with the Shanes, Starfield & Beth. He's quite an interesting guy. What he said was also very, very relevant and in line with what had been said before. He talked about meeting needs and showing the love of God, something I've been striving to do myself lately. I wrote in my journal as soon as I woke up the next morning so I wouldn't forget what he said. It rang so true to my heart. After the show we found Beth getting her PJs out of a suitcase beside the tour bus, so we even go to talk to her for a bit.

The next day we mostly lounged around... the road trip the night before meant no sleep until 2 in the morning. But it was totally worth it. That night my sister, the same dear friend as before, dear friend's dear boyfriend, and I had a good convo at Starbucks. It was great to just talk with people and enjoy friend-time. Sunday after church my family and I met up with my friend, Lizz, and her family and my friend Rosa at Olive Garden and had a wonderful time with lunching. Mm... that was good.

That week next week, I went to school on Monday. Then there were two snowdays, so I babysat all day and made a good amount of money. A really, really good amount of money. But on Wednesday I realized I had a fever and started feeling sick. So Thursday I stayed home. Friday was a half day at school, so I went in for that and ended up bringing Lizz and Rosa to my house for lunch. Lizz spent the night and the next day we went and picked up my lovely friend Blair. For my birthday present she wanted to take me to my favorite restaurant and pay for it. So we went and met up with Rachael, another friend, and ate at my favorite "mama y papa" Mexican restaurant. The food was delicious, I had an awesome time. I even got sang to (again! they did that at Olive Garden, too.) and one of the waitresses shoved whipped cream up my nose! ha! That was an experience...

And that brings us to this week. I still felt sick during that weekend, so I tried to sleep off the sickness on Sat. afternoon. Didn't work. Stayed home all day Sunday. Again Monday. And Tuesday. I went to the doctor Tuesday for a check up and to get a shot, and had them look at me. She said if I feel my sinuses to call and she'll get me medicine.


And today there was a snow day. I was so glad... I'm feeling a bit better today, but having another day to rest before plunging back into school and rushing to make everything up was wonderful. I got some homework done, took some portraits out in the snow [see the one attached to this post], and got some photos up on facebook that I've been meaning to get up for weeks now. So it's been a good day. Tomorrow I'll be back in school with medicine in my system and we'll see how it goes! =)

Whew. Now I'm exhausted of typing. I'll have a new post soon about my BFS year. Because I can cross off some things! =D

0 comments: