CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My Big, Fun, Scary Year...

I love NaNoWriMo... a lot. And the extra things that people there think to do make me smile. So I've decided to participate in "The Year of Doing Big, Fun, Scary Things Together" during 2008. All you do is make specific goals for yourself to meet during the year and work to meet them.

I'm going to chronicle my progress on this blog... so you'll be seeing everything from my thoughts for Engage the Journey, some photography, NaNo, school, and just my thoughts in general. Believe it or not, running this blog is something I can cross off of the list.

If you're participating, leave me a comment! I'd love to keep up with your blog as well, whether it has to do with the BFS year or not. =)

Here's my list, separated by how I view each goal.

Big
-Read through the Bible chronologically via Engage the Journey.
-Get a job before/for the summer.
-Get my driver’s license before the summer.
-Have my photos/art work displayed at Starbucks via My Home Brew.
-Start setting up a website for my photography, complete with price lists, logo, portfolio, and blog so I can start booking gigs.
-Finish my Alias fanfiction, Goodnight, and find a way to get it to the people who were reading it on SD-1.
-Start walking my dog on a regular basis—good for him, good for me.

Fun
-Get some good photos from concerts to go in my portfolio, at least one of the concerts at the Underground.
-Have a photoshoot somewhere that’s unique for me, like in another state or area that I’m unfamiliar with.
-Visit a friends in South Carolina this summer.
-Get and keep my Bethany Dillon website up and running no matter what random computer troubles occur.
-Get my personal blog together and running.
-Start rewriting my NaNo from this year and keep editing the one from ’05.
-Participate and win NaNoWriMo ’08, no matter what my schedule looks like.

Scary
-Decide which college/school I’m going to in the fall and get ready for my freshman year.
-Second shoot for an area wedding photographer at a wedding at least once.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Kristin,

I read your post at my blog, thanks. And thanks for adding me to your blog.

I want to do the Big, Fun, Scary Challenge. But I can't think of anything that is Big, Fun and Scary, except for maybe actually doing the challenge...lol.
The past two days I've been thinking about posting in my blog everyday, but I'm afraid to comment. Maybe I will now that I've read your post...it's encouraging.

Peace,
Wendy

Wendy said...

I menat commit, not comment. I'm never afraid to comment...lol.